Step 1: Read general information for authors.
You should follow IOP's recommendation, and remember that :
- Only one contributed paper per registered participant will be published
in the proceedings.
- Only papers presented at the Conference and approved by the referees
will be accepted for publication.
- Manuscript length should not exceed 6 pages for contributed
papers and 10 pages for invited papers..
Step 2: Use the LateX template(preferentially) or a MSWORD file.
TeX and LaTeX
- The text of articles may be submitted in any common variant of
TeX including LaTeX 2e, LaTeX 2.09, REVTeX, AmSTeX, AmSLaTeX and plain
Guidelines and a class file for preparing articles using LaTeX 2e are
available. The files are also available by anonymous ftp (please use
your e-mail address as the password) from ftp.iop.org. After logging on,
change to the pub/journals directory (cd pub/journals). Separate files
are available for Windows, Unix and Macintosh. The individual
uncompressed files can be found in the directories
- We have copies of the common package and class files, and these
should not normally need to be sent. If, however, you are using
uncommon, customized or personal files then these should be included
along with your submission.
- We are able to receive articles prepared using Microsoft Word
for Windows or Macintosh.
- Fonts used should be restricted to the standard font families
(Times, Helvetica, Courier or Symbol) unless the fonts can be embedded
within the file without infringing the font licensing agreement.
- Use 'TrueType' fonts only. TrueType fonts are denoted by the
symbol TT on the font list. Always embed your TrueType fonts. This is
done by selecting 'File', 'Save As', 'Options and then clicking the
'Embed TrueType fonts' box.
- If special symbols are needed (e.g. Greek characters, accented
characters or mathematical symbols) these should be typed using the
appropriate TrueType font. Do not use the Symbol facility on the
'Insert' menu as this often results in font conversion problems.
- Equations must be prepared using Equation Editor, version 1.0,
2.0, 3.0 or MathType.
Step 3: Send electronically
your file to the HFM2003 secretariat
Send to the Conference Secretariat ALL the following items,
no later than July 31st, 2003:
- An electronic version of the manuscript (text, figure captions, figures).
- If you cannot send electronic files for figures, send one for the text
and separately, mail the figures to the following address.
Mrs Alison Mader,
6, rue Jules Horowitz, B.P. 156
F-38042 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Fax: +33 (0)4 76 20 76 88